Saturday, September 5, 2009

remember & celebrate the hokies.

reading this article brought tears to my eyes.
i bake to de-stress.
it helps take my mind off anything that might be bothering me.

this one hit a cord:
"1. Small gestures can make a big difference. The day after the Virginia Tech shootings, in April 2007, when my community in northern Virginia was shaken with grief, I found myself baking a batch of lemon cupcakes with milk-chocolate frosting. As I admired their glistening tops, I couldn't help but wonder: Could a tiny cupcake make the world feel like a more tender place, even for one bite?
As I delivered the cupcakes to my neighbors, the smiles on their faces were proof that, yes, indeed it could." - Kim O'Donnel


tomorrow we will celebrate the unity & love of the hokie nation
GO HOKIES.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding us all to take a moment to remember :)

    ReplyDelete