Sunday, December 6, 2009

celebrate six months.


what have i learned about being a wife in six months?
ha.
still not sure i consider myself a wife.
a partner yes.
funny how rules of life change.
i wonder if anyone feels similar.
i love to take care of my husband, but he does the same for me.
we both work hard to make a living.
share the cooking and he's even started sharing the cleaning.
our decisions are made together.
all decisions.

a wife, maybe.
i like being called his wife, but don't like the possessive connotation.
i'd rather be his partner.
his best friend.

yesterday we celebrated (in the most relaxed way, in florida) six months as official partners.
i don't feel as much has changed.
but then again i may just feel very comfortable with the change.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you wrote this...partner and best friend have must better connotations than wife to me too :)

    ReplyDelete